Tandem Capital Advisors is a leading independent M&A advisory firm in Belgium. We advise large corporations, private equity
firms, governments and family-owned businesses on leading transformational M&A, capital market transactions and other
strategic corporate finance assignments.
Tandem is a member of Socius Global, a global partnership of Investment Banks operating in the mid to large-cap market
segment with offices in Brussels, Amsterdam, Den Hague, Paris, Munich, Warsaw, London, New York, Minneapolis, Shanghai,
Melbourne, Bangkok and in other cities of South America and Asia.
Since its creation in 2016, Tandem has grown at a fast pace and today, the team consists of >12 professionals with outstanding
track record at leading investment banks. Tandem has a highly entrepreneurial mindset, an empowering and non-hierarchical
working environment, a partnership culture and a work hard – play hard attitude.
To support our continuous growth, we are looking at reinforcing our team with an Investment Banking M&A Associate.
As an M&A Associate, you will be actively involved in the origination and the execution of a large variety of M&A and strategic
Corporate Finance assignments, for a broad range of clients.
You will be based in Brussels, Belgium.
Reporting to the Managing Director and the Vice President, your responsibilities will include:
- Conduct detailed industry and market analysis;
- Participate in business development efforts;
- Conduct the valuation of companies using different financial valuation methodologies and perform general financial
- Play a key role in transaction execution; contribute to negotiating and closing transactions;
- Take the lead in guiding analysts to prepare client presentations;
- Develop complex financial analysis and make client presentations;
- Under the supervision of VP & Managing Directors, coordinate with clients and advisors to ensure the progress of key
- Enjoying a steep learning curve, being exposed to a wide variety of strategic issues, interacting with CEOs/CFOs of large
corporations, private equity firms etc.
- Continuously learn & develop in a young, dynamic and highly entrepreneurial team, while also having fun
- Attractive compensation package and career path perspectives
Your experience & technical skills
- 2 to 5 years of experience in an Investment Bank or as a M&A advisor
- An excellent academic track record at a prominent business school (Master’s degree and/or MBA in business or economics)
- Native Dutch or French speaker with excellent communication skills in English
Your personal abilities / competences
- Strong client-oriented skills
- Committed to excellence and willing to maintain high professional standards
- Outstanding analytical skills (incl. excellent modelling skills)
- Excellent communication skills (written & oral)
- Team spirit
- Quality & results-oriented with a high attention to details
- Self-discipline and entrepreneurial mindset